At EFA, we use a range of software and tools to perform building performance modeling services. The main goal is always to provide you with the most value.
We pride ourselves in being able to adapt to each project in a unique way. Our experience covers most of the software packages out there. We are able to select software based on what’s best for the project (and client); not the other way around.
Take a look at our featured projects for more info!
- WUFI – Passive, Plus, 2D and Pro versions. This is the software we use to analyze Passive House projects we are CPHC, and can perform this modeling for you.
- Trane TRACE – we primarily use this with engineering firms that are also performing HVAC load calculations.
- eQuest – used for a broad range of applications due flexibility and capabilities. This is also used when sharing model files with the client is needed (freeware).
- EnergyPlus – this is also used for a wide range of applications and cover more complicated controls strategies, unique renewable energy applications, etc. This has a steeper learning curve so is not the best for applications that a client wants to use the model (unless client is proficient).
- OpenStudio – Open source tools to support whole building energy modeling using EnergyPlus and advanced daylight analysis using Radiance.
- Microsoft excel for customized energy analysis is always an option!
- Autodesk Simulation CFD – this can be used for a broad range of HVAC applications and links directly to Autodesk’s 3D modeling products
- CoolSim – Data Center Optimization
- ANSYS Fluent – this is the most robust software out there for CFD and has been around for a long time. This can handle pretty much any scenario you can come up with!